Are you ready for a change? Do you crave interesting, meaningful work done in a collaborative and forward-thinking environment? Connect Family Law may be the place for you.
We are a boutique family law firm supporting our clients in all the traditional areas of family law. How we offer that support, however, is anything but traditional.
We take an innovative approach to the practice of law that includes providing our clients with a broad community of support, both professional (in the form of an extensive professional network of non-legal experts) and personal (in the form of our regular "Divorce Salons" covering topics relating to separation and divorce). To learn more about how we are revitalizing legal practice, visit our website: www.connectfamilylaw.com.
As part of Connect's recent growth, we are seeking an experienced legal assistant to join our creative and dynamic legal team in Vancouver -- someone who shares our passion for advocacy and is energized by the idea of "doing things differently".
Our ideal candidate has:
- A legal assistant diploma and 3+ years of experience working in a family law practice
- A high level of proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Divorcemate, PCLaw and document management system
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Good judgment, and superior analytical, organizational, communication, and client service skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize and the willingness to think "outside the box"
- Knowledge in Provincial, Supreme, and Court of Appeal procedures
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Client relations and intake
- File management
- Written and verbal correspondence with clients, opposing counsel, court registries
- Scheduling trials, discoveries, hearings, etc. and prepare required documentation
- Preparation and filing of court materials
- Managing our office library
- Internet research
- Calendar management and BF system
- Billing and accounting-related tasks
- General administrative duties as required
Compensation: We aim to pay our support team top market rates; actual salary will be commensurate with experience.
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm M-F
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email here in confidence. (No phone calls, please.) We look forward to connecting with you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.