Connect Family Law and Kentemployment Law are two boutique law firms with offices in Vancouver and Kelowna, offering our clients the full spectrum of family law and employment law services respectively. As our practices continue to grow, it’s time to also grow our fabulous support team – and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for “doing things differently”.
We are seeking a senior-level accountant, located in Vancouver, to support both firms. This versatile role is a great opportunity for a team player who excels at multi-tasking and is excited to be a key point of contact for our leadership teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing full-cycle bookkeeping with minimal supervision
- Posting transactions for bank accounts, credit cards, account receivable, accounts payable, shareholder and intercompany loans
- Preparing bank and general ledger account reconciliations
- Maintaining and recording transactions in trust accounts and trust subledger in accordance with the Law Society guidelines
- Preparing intercompany reconciliations
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Preparing trial balances and working papers for year-end financial statement preparation
- Preparing GST/HST and PST returns
- Preparing payroll calculations, paycheques and source deduction remittances
- Preparing workers’ compensation reports and remittances
- Preparing annual payroll reconciliations and T4’s
- Reviewing accounts receivable listings and following up on collections
- Analyzing monthly and quarterly financials and providing variance analysis with commentary on business performance
- Keeping track of cash flows and preparing cash flow forecasts
- Financial Processes: Contributing ideas for process improvements to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls
- Special Projects: Supporting management in special projects and initiatives and ad-hoc reporting/analysis
- Performing other accounting-related duties or projects as required
- At least 5+ years of experience in industry or a public practice firm
- Accounting designation
- Familiarity with the Law Society of BC trust accounting rules
- Proficiency in PC Law, QuickBooks, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, meet deadlines and learn quickly
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- High standard of integrity and commitment to provide exceptional service
- While this is intended to be a full-time position, we will consider applications from suitable candidates who are seeking part-time employment.
We offer a competitive salary and extended health and other benefits.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Wendy Woloshyn via email here. (No phone calls, please.)