Connect strives to do family law differently. We believe that exceptional legal services extend beyond expertise to include a thoughtful, forward-thinking approach to human relationships. Our commitment to community and connection informs our work with clients and colleagues alike. To learn more about us and how we are revitalizing the practice of family law, click here.
Our goal is to empower our clients to successfully navigate the challenges that come with family transitions. Direct and transparent in our communications, we enable our clients to make grounded, intentional decisions about the things that matter. We embody these values in our own workplace as well, empowering our team members to create a work-life that fits with their interests as well as within Connect’s broader philosophy and vision.
We are currently seeking a receptionist / administrative assistant to join our Vancouver team. This full-time position carries with it the opportunity to perform high-quality work in a dynamic environment and to grow alongside Connect as our business continues to expand.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has:
- A high level of proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and PC Law
- Good judgment, strong analytical and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize
- The ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client service skills
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Greeting clients, vetting incoming calls from prospective clients, responding to general inquiries, and scheduling client appointments
- Client relations
- Opening and closing client files and maintaining current filing system
- Drafting various correspondence and documents
- Maintaining filing and bring forward system
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, couriers, phone calls and e-mails
- Maintaining office supplies
- Assisting with ordering and maintaining updates for the office library
- Assembling, copying and binding court materials
- Filing court documents, including electronic filing
- Communicating with Court Registries and scheduling court dates
- Performing Internet research when needed
- PC Law billing and accounting-related tasks
Our compensation package includes extended benefits and a competitive salary ($45,000 - $55,000, depending on experience).
Please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to the attention of Simon Kent here.
We regret being able to respond only to those candidates we wish to interview in person, but thank you for your interest.