Our February Divorce Salon in Kelowna was led by Sharla Schofield, RCC, RCSW. A member of the Okanagan Collaborative Law Family Group, Sharla has extensive experience working as a therapist, child specialist/advocate and divorce coach.
Conceptualizing separation and divorce as a “journey”, Sharla’s focus was on helping Salon participants prepare for their travels and beyond. She identified four key tasks for anyone committed to creating a positive post-divorce life, namely:
- Establish individual and community support resources and networks.
- Develop your communication and conflict management strategies.
- Enhance your emotional resiliency and capacity for managing stress and change.
- Develop a full range of parenting skills to use on your own and when co-parenting.
To support participants as they continue on their journey, Sharla also shared a list of resources that we’ve included below for those who weren’t able to join us at the Salon:
Somatic Emotional Regulation
- Bouncing Back, Linda Graham
Attachment Theory For Adults
- Hold Me Tight, Sue Johnson
- Wired For Love, Stan Tatkin
- Wired For Dating, Stan Tatkin
- Hardwired For Happiness, Rick Hanson
- The Five-Minute Journal, Ikonn & Ramdas
- Spiritual Divorce, Debbie Ford
- Conscious Uncoupling, Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Broken Open, Elizabeth Lesser
- Get Over It, Iyanla Vanzant
Have questions about your separation or divorce? Contact us! And hope to see you at our next Divorce Salon...